Bike Mechanic/Sales Assistant - Full time, Part time or Apprentice
About the Role
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic bike mechanic/sales assistant to join a rapidly growing bike shop and ecommerce business which loves to be at the forefront of the latest bike tech trends. The successful applicant will be responsible for repairing and servicing all types of bikes & ebikes as well as serving customers face to face and helping them to choose the right products for their bike.
This is not a role for the faint hearted, Wheelie Bike Shop moves at a rapid pace and you will need to have the ability to think on your feet, re-prioritise quickly and problem solve. Being passionate about bikes is vital!
The successful candidate will:
- As part of the team, you will be responsible for proactively servicing and repairing bikes that are booked into the workshop. Identifying issues on the bikes and ordering the relevant parts from our suppliers and notifying customers of the costs.
- You will build customers trust and loyalty in order to secure loyal customers.
- Operate our electronic point of sale system to take payment and keep an accurate log of all stock.
- Assist customers to help them purchase the correct parts for their bike as well as suggesting other products they may not be aware of.
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication and computer skills coupled with the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience in bike repairs and be able to demonstrate these skills. At a very minimum be able to index and setup cable operated gears.
- Be Extremely driven and self-motivated, with a genuine passion for servicing bikes to a high standard and be at the top of your game.
- Have exceptional communication / listening skills, be able to build rapport easily and maintain superb working relationships, whilst maintaining a high level of professionalism at all times.
- Have experience of using your own initiative and contributing to the team in a friendly and positive manner, being flexible and adaptable to company requirements, with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Experience of using a computer/ipad, to a proficient standard, along with accurate keyboard skills, and excellent workload management skills is essential.
- Problem solver who can remain calm under pressure.
- Knowledge of social media marketing methods
- Can shred the trails!
- Willing to get involved with group rides
What we can offer
- Competitive Pay
- Excellent staff discount on bike products
- Branded bike kit
- Biking trips
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- An awesome opportunity to work with a local and popular shop
- A cool, casual and fully branded-up working environment where staff indulge their passions for cycling and all things with wheels!
- Social Events and networking with professional riders
How to apply
To apply for the role, please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com