In the 1990s – the golden age of mountain bike sports - the former onza® team presented numerous innovative products to the bike community. Tire models such as the RIP, the DAVE, the RAIL, and of course the PORCUPINE were at the pinnacle of tire innovation in terms of grip and performance. After more than 30 years, it is time to revive the PORCUPINE’s legendary performance and achievements!
After over three decades the legendary PORCUPINE is back and get’s a complete makeover while still keeping it’s characteristic look of the past. The tread pattern was updated for less rolling resistance and comes with a dual tread compound.
The PORCUPINE is the ideal allrounder that works in every situation, no matter the conditions. It offers a very wide application field ranging from Tour, All Mountain or even E-Mountainbike use with our GRC casing technology.
- Purpose: Trail/AM/Enduro
- Size: 27.5 x 2.4" / 27.5 x 2.6" / 29 x 2.4" / 29 x 2.6"
- Weight: 820g / 860g / 850g / 920g
- Casing: TRC
- TPI: 60
- Sidewall: Black (Click HERE for Tanwall or HERE for White)
- Bead: Foldable/Kevlar
- Rubber: Medium Compount 60a/45a edges
The aggressive side knob shape paired with a soft 45a rubber offers loads of traction in every situation.
Low rolling resistance
Due to it’s center knobs and their ramped shape, the PORCUPINE is rolling super smooth.
Quick dirt shedding
The open tread profile with moderate spaces results in a great self-cleaning ability.
Class leading durability
To keep you out riding on the trail instead of wrenching the workshop!
Medium Compound 60
•improved compound formula for more grip with lower rolling resistance and less wear
Soft Compound 50
• improved compound formula for more grip with lower rolling resistance and less wear
• 120TPI single-ply casing with 2-ply reinforcement from bead to bead
• lightweight 60TPI or 120TPI single-ply casing with Nylon sidewall protection